background

Saturday, October 20, 2012

picking THE palette

Unfortunately my crazy travel schedule caught up with me, and I'm home, sick, again...We were really bummed to have to cancel our trip to Knoxville this weekend, but at least now have some time to catch up on life a bit (and for me, really just sleep.) Andrew started packing boxes (he's a rock star!) and I have finally found enough energy to write a blog post.

During my short stint back in Charlotte on Wednesday, I ventured over to the Sherwin Williams store to make some final decisions about paint colors. After struggling to make paint choices solely from the deck the contractor provided, I'm very glad I took the time to go directly to the store. The displays themselves were incredibly helpful, and SW and HGTV have actually partnered up to create several pre-packaged color palette schemes. I, of course, was stubborn and initially resisted, but after 2.5 hours of staring at different shades of gray, trying to determine undertones, etc., I caved. Turns out, the Coastal Cool palette was exactly what I had been looking for all along!

The Coastal Cool package includes 20 colors which create fool-proof combinations for the entire house. Since I'm obsessed with turquoise/teal/sea foam in general, and love gray and white for home interiors, I (somewhat) easily identified the right combination. 

The four colors to the left and a corresponding white will be used through the majority of the house. I'm eager/slightly nervous to see it all in real life!

In the meantime, other progress on the house continues, although primarily related to electric, HVAC and other elements not totally obvious to us. The cabinets and counters should come in this week so stay tuned!


No comments:

Post a Comment