background

Sunday, September 9, 2012

tomorrow's the big day!

Construction officially commences tomorrow. The first two weeks will be dedicated primarily to demolition, which I totally intend to participate in. I'm envisioning one of those standard demo clips from a HG TV renovation show where the couple get to take out their frustration and stress on the walls of their home. Actually, on second thought, given my track record, I should probably sit this one out. Knowing me, I'll find some way- some how- to hurt myself.

However, I do plan to fully participate on an afternoon trip to the cabinet showroom tomorrow. To keep things on schedule (or at least attempt to) I want to get our cabinets for the bathroom and kitchen ordered this week. I can only imagine that my first showroom trip will be a tad overwhelming, but also a lot of fun. 
The current cabinets (left image) are white, and we intend to preserve the current ones, and add in an extra full wall along the back (with glass faces). We are also going to install an island in the middle of the kitchen, which will include more cabinet/counter space and also a desk to serve as my control center.









I'm going for a traditional white/clean look, with a couple pops of color (perhaps turquoise for the base of the island?) 



No comments:

Post a Comment